● The District includes approximately 38,000 total acres of which 30,000 are rated as
● District Landowners farm nearly 10,000 acres of pistachios, recognized as a high value
● The District has 88 active water wells many of which are monitored electronically.
● The Basin is rated as Medium priority by the California Department of Water Resources
● The Basin enjoys the benefit of an underground anticline running north to south along
the basin’s eatern boundary which forms an enclosed basin.
● Studies indicate a potential water storage capacity of 1,000,000 acre feet
● The District’s landowners have begun importing surface supplies to help offset
overdrafting of its groundwater supply